Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Pocket Monsters

The verdict is in. Two of my classes have responded to my badly drawn continental U.S.A. with "Pikachu!" Even though you have to turn your head to one side to really see the animated creature, they saw it instantly. I guess it gives you an idea of how bad my drawing was, that Pikachu leapt to mind before "U.S.A."

On a related note, my host sisters refer to "pocket money" as "pokemoney," which I find sort of cute and funny.

On an unrelated note, I'm getting more and more enamoured with the idea of moving to Athens, GA. Even though I've only visited there once. Even though my mother might be moving away from there in the fall. Even though I might not be able to find a good job there. Any of my friends who will be graduating in the spring should visit www.flagpole.com (the website for the local free weekly) and think about moving there with me. It's supposed to have the best music scene of any college town... Low rent! Great nightlife! The entire downtown has free wireless internet! Okay, I'll stop.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home