Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Not much

So looks like I won't be visiting the states until July. I didn't get the in-person second-round interview with Green Corps (for the best, I think, or thought almost immediately after I finished the first interview), so I won't be heading home this month. I just applied for another job, as a writer for PIRG in Boston. It'd be cool if I end up doing writing, working for a non-profit---two things I want to do as a career but didn't expect I'd be able to combine.

It's cold here, and yesterday we had the most snow Suncheon has seen all winter, a few inches of powder. Thus I haven't been going outside much, though I think we may be going either sledding or ice-skating this weekend. I saw "A Series of Unfortunate Events" with my host family last weekend, and now my middle host sister has developed a crush on Liam Aiken ("Klaus"). The movie was pretty good, I actually had high expectations. It had really nice visuals. I haven't read the books, but I saw the author give a speech at the anniversary of the City Lights Bookstore last year (I think it was?). He was pretty funny.

So my days inside have been consumed by occasional visits to the internet to contemplate life after Fulbright, and mostly by reading "David Copperfield." If you haven't read it, I really recommend it. Don't be daunted by the 700-plus pages. I can understand why Dickens called it his favorite work. And it has hands down the best description of being drunk that I've ever read (not that I've read many descriptions of that---but I didn't know Dickens could be so funny.).

My host mother just handed me a "traditional Korean snack." It's interesting how many things are introduced to me prefaced with "traditional Korean."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home